Saturday, December 01, 2007

Saturday Shortie

It's not even done, yet, but I'm so proud that I can't wait to share.

Smooshy Sock Preview


Welcome to my love affair with Dream In Color Smooshy. I'm using the Nightwatch colorway on 2.25 mm needles. The design is all my own, previewed in the previous post.

I almost feel like this is cheating, because the sock is turning out to be so much more interesting than what I had sketched out. It's as if it has a mind of its own, patted me on my little head, and took over the design process. When I say this is a self-designed sock, please take that as literally as possible. I'm nowhere near as clever as this sock is.

The best part? It gets even more interesting (in a completely different way) after the heel turn.

There's a dry dusting of snow on the ground (a preview of what's to come tomorrow?), I haven't spun in a week, I have a beautiful sock to finish, 3 patterns to write up, 2 patterns to design and then knit up, and only 48 hours until the work week starts again. If bad things come in threes, I think good things must come in dozens.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Paula said...

I love that wandering stitch pattern. Worked up in a brown colourway I think it would look like tree bark.

12/01/2007 9:14 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Gorgeous! This is going to be a great knitting weekend. . .

12/01/2007 11:47 AM  
Blogger LaurieM said...

Very intriguing. It has a nice, organic feel to it. I'm looking forward to the bit after the heel...;-)

12/01/2007 12:31 PM  
Blogger Wool Enough said...

That is one of the most exciting sock patterns I have seen in a long time. Can't wait to see the rest.

12/01/2007 2:39 PM  
Blogger The Digger said...

Love it! I agree, it reminds me of tree bark, or, at least, how I draw tree bark.

12/01/2007 3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum - that yarn is gorgeous in that pattern!

12/01/2007 3:48 PM  
Blogger helenko said...

I'm kind of on a sock break right now.....but I just had to get some Smooshy in Nightwatch! Looking forward to the rest of the sock too.

12/02/2007 3:32 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

Looks cool, can't wait to see the finished product.

12/02/2007 4:37 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

hmmm - can't wait to see the big reveal!!!

12/03/2007 9:32 AM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

What an intriguing pattern! And you say it gets even better?... This will be something to see! :-)

I guess I must be the only sock knitter who hasn't tried Smooshy yet. It certainly looks like splendid stuff...

12/04/2007 12:42 PM  
Blogger Milly said...

They look soft and warm! Love the color!

12/09/2007 9:22 AM  
Blogger sweetgeorgia said...

WOW. That sounds like an insane amount of work... but those socks are lovely.

12/21/2007 7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home