Sunday, July 23, 2006

The Feathers

Song of Hiawatha - The Feathers


I really enjoyed knitting this panel of Hiawatha. Even though the pattern repeat is a lot longer across than The Starlight, it was easy to get into the rhythm of it. What made it particularly easy were the purl stitches at the beginning of each repeat, which did what stitch markers would ordinarily do, without the fuss of actually having to use stitch markers. I didn't use any lifelines in this repeat because it was so easy to see where I was in the pattern.

So far, I'm very pleased with this stole. I didn't really know what the center panel (The Starlight) would look like, because it's hard to see in the pattern photo. I also didn't think I was too wild about the Feathers pattern, based on the pattern photo. But in person, both lace patterns are rather stunning. I'm also loving the next panel (The Pine Trees), but more about that when I complete the section.



I don't remember if I've mentioned this before, but I have a list of podcast links in the sidebar. Some of them are fiber arts related, and some are just other podcasts (or radio shows available in podcast form) that I really enjoy. I recently added a couple to the list, and will probably be adding some more soon. I'm sure that most of you don't need my list of knitting podcasts to know what is what, but I thought that the non-knitting podcasts listed might be new to a lot of people. I've recently done some technical mumbo-jumbo to make it possible to again download things onto my ipod, so I've been on a real podcast kick, lately. I was stuck with a very limited music selection and no podcasts on my ipod for a couple of months (and limited my podcast listening to things I had the patience to listen to in front of a computer), and it's a real treat to have aural entertainment fueling my knitting again. Perhaps that (and the weather) explains my great knitting productivity this and last weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger LaurieM said...

Very pretty. Inspiring too. It makes me want to knit this shawl.

7/23/2006 7:42 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

I love podcasts too! So nice to listen to while knitting....

7/31/2006 11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home