Friday, March 24, 2006

yes, I really am participating in Sockapaloooza

Thank you for all of the wonderfully kind comments about Ingeborg! I was a bit overwhelmed by the number of comments, since Ingeborg doesn't look all that different to me than before. But I suppose an entire finished sweater body is a bigger deal than a 3/4 finished sweater body.

I've finally begun knitting for Sockapaloooza. Here's the beginning of a Mamluke sock:

Mamluke 1 - March 24, 2006


I'm using the same Lanett fingering weight merino that I was using for the Komi socks. It was a bit of a struggle to knit the sock at the beginning, since there are only three rows of ribbing to help stabilize it before you start on the colorwork. But now that it's a bit longer, things are a lot easier.

Now to go look up the comments you guys left me about the heel of this sock. I seem to remember some warnings about it, so I suppose I should read up on it before I finish the leg.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That sock is righteous! Whoever your paloooza pal is will be one very very happy knitter! It is really beautiful!

3/24/2006 5:48 PM  
Blogger Laughingrat said...

Now where does this pattern come from? It's gorgeous.

3/24/2006 9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes . . . the script that goes around the foot partion is Arabic for "Allah". So, change the script to another pattern.

3/25/2006 6:46 AM  
Blogger alison said...

Ooooh, they're going to be gorgeous!!

3/28/2006 9:14 AM  
Blogger Tandi said...

That sock pattern is gorgeous! I love the colors you're using.

3/29/2006 3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home