Wednesday, March 29, 2006

SFCKAL Week 7

  • Jayne has a photo of her Snow Sky. It's looking great, though I suspect it might be a lot larger now, as that post just missed making last week's KAL update. She also posted about things she's learned recently.

  • Becki is up to the neck shaping on her Crichton! I'm amazed at the speed of her progress.

  • Tipper's Crichton is looking great, at one finished pattern repeat.

  • Anne is continuing to make progress on her Shirt Tailed sweater. She also has photos of two arans she's working on. (I love the mod to the Spring Forward cardigan!)

  • Terri just received a big gray (or is that grey? ;) of J&S yarn!

  • Shirley is already up to the sleeves on her Traditional fair isle jumper! Love seeing those cut steeks. :-)

My KAL project is still in its drawer, having a break while I work on other projects. I'm starting to miss it a bit, so I know I'll be happy to work on it again when the time comes.

I am close to finishing the first Mamluke sock, and will try to post about it today or tomorrow. 27 rounds and grafting to go!

3 Comments:

Blogger EvaLux said...

Hello,

First of all great work everyone!!!
I have a question... I'm wanting to try some fair isle-ing too. I've had a look at the Philosophers website at the video of 2 handed knitting and have no problems whatsoever with it. What I want to know is do you use the same size of needles for FI as you would for the yarn for regular knitting or do you go up/down a number? I'm going to practice some more using Caron Perfect Match (chunky acrylic stuff) and was wondering about this...

TIA & Cheers, Eva (sweetpea at sweet-p dot net)

3/30/2006 12:35 PM  
Blogger Becki said...

I'm ashamed to ask this, but I need help and I think you might be the best person for it. I'm working on the Crichton cardigan (page 184 in SFC). I've gotten through all of the directions through the second paragraph of "Neck Opening". My issue is where is says "Weave shoulders stitches." How do I know what my shoulder stitches are? I've tried to puzzle it out but I'm really not even sure where to start. Thank you!!

3/30/2006 11:38 PM  
Blogger Becki said...

I've forged ahead and done what I think is correct. I wish these designs came with schematics!

3/31/2006 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home