Tuesday, February 21, 2006

distractions

Sorry for the lack of posting lately. I really did mean to have something to show by yesterday or today, but I'm still a few rows away from finishing the first pattern repeat on Vertical Stripes, and am stubborn enough to want to wait until I get there before I take photos. You can blame the slow progress on the Olympics. And on Natalie. How am I supposed to knit every evening when I have such a good figure skating-watching partner to chat with online?

I'm fairly optimistic that I'll have a photo tomorrow, to go along with the general knitalong updates. It's looking good, and when I actually make the time to work on it, going a bit faster than I expected.

And if you're really in need of things to look at, check out this gallery of ice dancers falling! More entertaining than it should be.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

You're right. That is more entertaining than it should be. At first I gasped in horror, but by the end I was trying hard to surpress giggles.

2/21/2006 4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got to see a lot of those falls live and in person (ironically, by the way, I'm not doing the Knitting Olympics partially because my day trip to the actual Olympics, where knitting needles, like bottled water - yes, really - are on the no-can-do list, would have eaten up good knitting time.

Most were more shocking/sad in person, particularly the Canadian pair who had to withdraw (he picked her up and carried her to the bench! I wanted to cry), but some were much, much, much funnier. ;)

Good luck finishing the first repeat! Vertical Stripes is definitely going to be gorgeous.

2/22/2006 4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home