Friday, January 06, 2006

SFCKAL - some links to pattern pictures

I still have lots of KAL business to take care of, but a couple of people have asked me about where they could see pictures of the patterns before they buy the book. Very good question! I have yet to find a place online that has that information, unfortunately. But I've done some searching for the specific patterns, and found pictures of some of them. This is only about 1/4 of what's in the book, but it's a start, right?

  • Whirligig Vest
    - I think this one looks nicer in the book. The person who knit this one subbed a color, so that might be the difference.
  • Dragonfly River Vest (Designed by Janine! I hadn't noticed that before. The vest is very nice, and the picture I linked makes me like it even more.
  • The Prince of Wales Vest - This is one of those projects that I don't think photographed well for the book. I wasn't a fan of it based on what I've seen in the book, but the colors in this photo are much nicer.
  • Celtic Knot Raglan
  • A few links for the Shirt Tail Hemmed Fair Isle. This is one of the more magnificent patterns in the book. The links took a while to load for me, so be patient if they're pokey. one, two, three
  • Alpine Sunset - this one is really small, but I thought it would be worth including it, anyway.
Then there are three patterns which you may have already seen pictures of:

I hope that's at least somewhat useful to those of you who may be wary of buying the book without having seen anything inside. It's only a small taste of what the patterns are like, and there are many wonderful ones that I couldn't find photos of. If any of you know of a place online that has pictures of projects not listed here, or that has better pictures of any of the above projects, please do share! More this weekend or Monday in terms of answering questions, and all that jazz. Happy weekend!

5 Comments:

Blogger Tipper said...

Thanks for hunting for them! I definitely want to do this now. :) I really like the Alpine Sunset sweater.

1/06/2006 6:43 PM  
Blogger savannahchik said...

thank you for posting these!

1/07/2006 9:00 AM  
Blogger AnneB said...

The book is well worth the price especially for all the information in the front before the patterns. I asked Joe (hubby) to go through the book to show me which one he liked the best since he will here me grumbling for the next whatever months. Of course he picked out the Shirt Tailed Hemmed Fair Isle, probably the hardest one in the book. We'll see!

1/07/2006 9:53 AM  
Blogger AnneB said...

Posted a photo of "Whirligig-Jeff's Vest" on my blog today along with the fiber to make it showing the colors. That's the one I will do though I did pick up enough Jammieson's Spindrift to make the Shirt Tailed Hemmed Fair Isle.

1/07/2006 4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm the knitter of the Whirligig Vest you've linked to. FWIW, my one color sub is virtually identical to the J&S called for, to my eye. And my vest is virtually identical, I'd say, to the designer's original one, which I've seen on him, in person.

1/12/2006 8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home