Thursday, January 26, 2006

it's growing up so fast

the sock in its natural state:

Komi sock in its natural habitat
Inside out, and stiff enough to stand up all on its own.


I've been knitting it inside out, to help with the float tension when going from one needle to another. This is how I left it last night, before going to bed. (The ribbed cuff is inside. It always ends up popping inside because of the way I sometimes support the sock on my knee when knitting.)

official 2 pattern repeats (+ 1 row) photo:

Komi Sock, January 26


I tried it on yesterday, and it feels so good! I didn't try it on my leg, because I was afraid of snapping the DPNs while pulling it over my heel. But it feels great on my foot. I spot checked the gauge, and I seem to be right on target (11 stitches per inch), so I'm not too concerned about it fitting my leg. I did those checks right before I was about to knit the line in the pattern where I'll have to knit in scrap yarn for the peasant heel, just to make sure I didn't want to make the sock 1 repeat shorter. But as it seems to be on track, and progressing well, I'm going for the full leg lengths, which is 2 2/3 repeats.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Are you knitting with the two needles farthest from your body, looking down at the knit side on the inside of the tube?

1/26/2006 9:34 AM  
Blogger Landstown Poultry said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love this pattern. Great work, gal. :-D

1/26/2006 9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At the risk of being redundant, it's beautiful! I may have to track down the book and knit a pair for Sockapaloooza. (Here's hoping my pal's from somewhere snowy and cold.)

1/26/2006 10:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The socks look amazing! It is nice to see them from the inside out so you can see your carrying. The pattern is so crisp. Can't wait to see the finished result.

1/26/2006 1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing! How do you knit it inside out - can you see the pattern as you are knitting?

1/26/2006 7:45 PM  
Blogger AnneB said...

I'm like Linda. Are you purling the pattern? 11 stitches = 1" is some tight gauge. Looks great.

Anne

1/26/2006 8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home