Saturday, December 17, 2005

Saturday tidbits

1. Amphora - Gorgeous and sophisticated pattern, or just a sweater with wrenches on it? (I love this design until I stare at it for too long, and can then see nothing but wrenches.)

2. Strathglass - Gorgeous and sophisticated pattern, or sonograms of fetuses in utero? (I also love this design. But that's what I see when I stare at it too long.)

3. I almost cast on for these socks last night. In fact, I did start to cast on for them. Then I looked at the frantic, bold colors of my cast on row, and decided that my shade of Cherry Tree Hill, combined with that texture pattern, would have the power to blind people through layers of denim. I chose a simpler pattern. But aren't her socks gorgeous? I never really liked that pattern before, but it works so well with the colorway she chose. I'm a convert.

4. I knit about 30 more stitches on the vest neck edging, then realized that I should have done shaping at the bottom of the V about 20 stitches earlier. I was so determined to work on the thing today, but now it's slumped on the Poang, sticking its tongue out at me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tipper said...

So *that's* what I should do with my Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in Old Rose! :)

Damn, I'm a copycat.

12/17/2005 5:37 PM  
Blogger EvaLux said...

Oh wow... indeed all I saw were wrenches too. I don't even see anything else in the design of that sweater hahahaha.
Cheers

12/17/2005 6:34 PM  
Blogger Becki said...

Ooh, wrenches and feti. The wrenches one I can deal with, but the other is a little much. Actually, I really like the wrenches.

12/18/2005 4:13 PM  
Blogger Julia (MindofWinter) said...

What a sweet link to my socks - thanks for the compliment. I really enjoyed the pattern and I think it shows off variegated yarn as well as a solid. Plus, it's just fun to knit. If you're looking for a good way to use CTH Supersock, I think that Nancy Bush's Conwy pattern in Knitting on the Road is another good choice - I'll be casting on for that soon! Also, check out interweave's subscriber-only content this season (you can get access by purchasing a copy of the winter issue. They have some amazing patterns. xox,

12/19/2005 1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home