Monday, December 12, 2005

my hands hurt and I'm cranky

I knit a lot on the front of Veste Everest this weekend, and am almost done with the bottom part of the body. 11 rows until I get to start armhole shaping. The thing is, the combination of the yarn and the cables is really hard on my hands. I think I need to give it a rest today. I'm building the mother of all callouses on my right middle finger, and I also have some minor numbness there. I've had similar pinched nerve stuff from other activities (such as playing various musical instruments), so that doesn't bother me so much. But my hands are just tired, so the combination of it all means it's break time.

Of course I have to say, yet again, that my black NSS is still not here. I'm starting to think of picking up a different colorwork project, because maybe it really will be months. I'm half tempted to cancel the order and try to get it elsewhere, or just order a dark grey, if I can find enough of that somewhere. But I feel bad because I know they ordered it just for me, and I also doubt that I'd have more luck trying to order elsewhere.

So yeah. I'm really bummed. I might try to wait a couple of weeks before starting a different colorwork project, just because I had a bunch of colorwork books on my Amazon wishlist, and there's a chance I'll get one or two as a gift. I might as well wait until I have all my choices in front of me before making a project decision.

I might try to do some sewing tonight, if I'm not going to knit. I really don't know what I'm doing, but I have to make those rice pouches for the Pocket Creatures, and I picked up some fun fabrics this weekend:

fabric for pocket creatures


I also bought the Winter IK, and couldn't even get myself to read the article about Brown Sheep yarn. I'm not angry with the people I ordered my yarn from. I'm angry at Brown Sheep. Last I heard from the people I placed my order with, they can't get a response from B.S. about what's up with yarn production. An answer, even if it's bad news, is better than not knowing. grr.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rest those hands! It happens to me too, and I get all cranky as I try to ignore it, but rest is the best thing. Good time for stash organizing or other related non-taxing activities, such as reading old knitting books. (I say this as I am ignoring my own aches!)

12/12/2005 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home