Thursday, October 20, 2005

Samus progress; fun links

Now that the fun fair isle pictures are done, for now, I fear things will be a tad less interesting around here. Hopefully not too uninteresting. I do have cables today, to precede endless stockinette that I suspect will begin this weekend. Here's the bottom band of Samus, at not quite 4 complete pattern repeats:



Look at that lovely patch of sun it's sitting in. Sun! How novel!

I didn't get much knitting done yesterday, as it was a night out with friends and Italian food. I'd love to finish the band today, if I can. Today is work, post office (if I finish work early enough to walk there before it closes), library book sale, then knitting group. Then tons of stockinette. I really like working with this yarn, and love the needles (big fat size 8 Bernat bamboo circs, with nice sharp points), so maybe the stockinette will be a nice knit.

Interesting things of note, not related to Samus:
  • Looking through the StatCounter info for who's been visiting this place, I noticed a lot of hits from At my Knits End. It looks like I'm the "NEWK of the Week". I'm not sure what that stands for, but that blog is home to the New England Knitters web ring. My best guess is "New England Wicked Knitter". I hope that's right, because that would be wicked cool. (Even though I lived in CT for 5 years, they don't use "wicked" as a modifier down there. So now that I live in wicked cool NH, I'm trying to incorporate that into my vocabulary.)
  • Happy Mac / Sad Mac sweater!
  • I desperately need to make this sweater. In fact, I'm fairly certain I need to make it before St. Brigid, which I thought might be my next big aran project. I think I'll be scouring the web for more pics of it and places to buy that issue of Vogue Knitting during lunch today. Yum.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tipper said...

I'm a-gonna make that sweater someday! I've got the yarn for it and everything (pretty peacock blue Paton's Classic Wool). And now I have a good idea for upsizing, thanks to that link!

10/20/2005 12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home