Friday, September 23, 2005

Dale drooling (opinions needed!)

My copy of Dale 126 arrived yesterday. Actually, I didn't find it until this morning, as it was between the front doors.

I'm a bit torn on Ingeborg. I still want to knit it, but I'm wondering about colors, now. Although it didn't appeal to me at all before, I've taken a liking to the more subtle colorway - with grey instead of black. What do you guys think? you can see pictures of the various colorways here. I'm not using the same yarn, but was hoping to get close to the colorway in the bottom picture. (That shot is a lot brighter than other shots I've seen. Hmm.) But I'm so tempted by the colorway in the top picture, now. Is it too subtle? On one hand I like it, on the other hand it looks faded and kind of like something printed on a grey sweatshirt. Oh, and for the record, I have no intention of doing the ruffly edgings. That would be a bit much for my tastes.


I showed the pattern book to A., and he really likes Bjerk, as do I. Of all the patterns in the book, I think it's the one that suits me best. (Definitely in the red/orange colorway, although the other one is pretty, too.) I'd knit it first, but I love Ingeborg, too, and want to knit it for the challenge as much as anything.

I was surprised at how much I like Empire. I'm not sure how it would really look on me, though, and it's definitely not a style I've ever worn before. I like how it looks on the model in the bottom picture, and in the red in the top picture, but the shot of the white one in the top picture is not to my liking at all. Do I dare think about making it? Would I regret the bell sleeves and huge collar? Probably, but who knows.

Oh, and Jessimuhka, the women at the knitting group really like your sock pattern. I'm emailing one of them the Knitty address, because she's never heard of it before.

Edit: My LYS is going to start carrying Malabrigo worsted soon. I think this is the stuff from handpaintedyarn.com that they don't sell anymore from their site. The stuff that I used for BPT. Knowing how pilly it is, I'm wary to make another sweater from it. However, I think I'm going to have to buy a hank to make a warm fuzzy hat. Go ahead - twist my arm!

They'll also have Silkroad Aran Tweed. Isn't that what's used in that wonderful short jacket in the Fall '05 IK? I think it might be. In fact, I saw the bags by the register as I was leaving yesterday. This could be dangerous. Very dangerous. (No, I probably won't buy. But the desire will hurt a lot.)


Notice all this talk about future projects instead of reports on current projects? I just can't get myself to cast on for Rogue sleeve 2. I need some prodding. It would be nice to wear it, if it's chilly enough, when Ms. Ksubnaught (who should get a knitting/quilting blog) visits in a week or so. Poke me with sharp sticks, please!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

::poke:: Go cast on for sleeve 2. It would be awesome to have a Rogue done in time for the chilly weather.

-schizospider

9/23/2005 2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What she said! Cast on that second sleeve!

And the women in your group liked Jessimuhka's pattern because it is teh awesome. I, however, didn't have any problems with the YO short rows, neener!

9/23/2005 5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home