Tuesday, August 30, 2005

odds and ends

  • You Knit What?? proves once again that I have no taste. I actually really like that pattern. I could do without the slightly frilly purple edging, and would love to see the pattern from the front, but I generally think that garment is really pretty, really creative, and pretty damn cool.

  • This isn't knitting, but it's artsy and awesome, so I feel justified posting about it here, in this misc. post. isketch is a really cool online pictionary-type game. It also has a studio, where you can just play with the drawing tools, without having to be in a game. Some people are really great with those tools. If you click here, you can see an animation of someone drawing a portrait of Joni Mitchell. It's amazing. (Also check out the rest of the gallery.) I've never been able to draw or paint anywhere close to realistically, so watching that really blew me away.

  • I really, really, want to knit more Retro Rib socks. I have some yarn that might be kind of cool with them, although I'm not sure yet. Of course, I have the lace socks for the swap to do first. But this is a definite knitting urge. I may have to alternate, and do a Retro Rib after the first lace sock is done. (The lace socks aren't due until Halloween, anyway. I have time to not do both of them right away!)

1 Comments:

Blogger wittyknits said...

I'm with you on the jacket. I mean, really, any garment that you can wear upside down or right side up is going to pique my interest. Pretty cool.

8/30/2005 11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home